Volunteer with us
Opportunities to Volunteer
Every year the Festival recruits a team of volunteers without whom it simply wouldn't be possible to reach the scale and quality that we have become known for. Our Volunteer Team are the faces of the festival - they're ambassadors for every venue, film, installation and individual experience in the town of Berwick-upon-Tweed once the festival begins. From stewarding and invigilation, to being a point of contact at our information desk, photographing the Festival, to working behind the scenes, events assistance, artist liaison and supporting our technical teams. Opportunities exist across many areas, before, during, and after the festival – and we can schedule around existing commitments.
Who Should Apply?
Volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and cover activities in all areas of the event organisation and delivery, offering a chance for everyone to take part, and in return are offered unrivalled access to the festival. We look for people with an interest in film and the arts, in developing new skills, making new friends or in supporting the community of Berwick. An inclusive, intergenerational approach is taken to volunteering at Berwick Film & Media Arts Festival, with applications sought from anyone over the 16 years of age, and with no maximum age limit.
What's In It For You?
- A free Festival Pass
- Volunteers are supported with their travel where possible
- Excellent training is provided both in preparation and on the job, allowing volunteers to deliver the amazing experiences that make the festival what it is
- Volunteers get a sneak preview of the film and installations programme - sampling the films before anyone else
- Volunteers get the official BFMAF festival merchandise
- The volunteer festival experience is tailored to the volunteers own interests, and the outcome can include professional references and performance evaluations, making it a valuable work experience/employability tool too
- The volunteer experience can also help to work towards other training or projects, such as Arts Award
- It’s an opportunity to make friends, becoming an active part of a community of like-minded people
- It's a chance to be part of a dynamic and friendly team of people
If you're interested in volunteering for this year's Festival, 20th - 24th September 2017, please fill out the volunteer form here.
For any further questions e-mail email@example.com or call +44(0) 1289 303 355.