International Film Sales & Distribution Event Comes to the North East
Northern Film & Media have teamed up with Film London and BAFTA to provide film producers with access to some of the industry’s leading sales agents at an event in Gateshead in January 2012.
Breakthrough: A Guide to International Film Sales & Distribution is brought to you by the organisers of the annual film export event London UK Film Focus (LUFF), and is based on the popular LUFF strand Breakthrough, which offers emerging British filmmakers a platform to showcase their work to international buyers and programmers of prominent international film festivals.
The event will cover the role of international sales companies, how filmmakers can best use the festival circuit to form a global film festival strategy and guidance on presenting projects to the international marketplace.
Speakers at the events will include:
• Stephen Kelliher, Head of Sales and Marketing at Bankside Films and Chair of Film Export UK
• Carey Fitzgerald, Managing Director of High Point Media Group
• Natalie Brenner, EVP, International Sales at Ealing Metro International
• Julia Short, Head of Acquisitions, the Works Film Group
• Rebecca Hawkes, Managing Director, Schedule 2
• Nicola Kettlewood, Edinburgh Film Festival
• Mia Bays, producer and sales/distribution consultant.
When: Tuesday 31 January 2012, 12.00pm - 6.30pm
Where: BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Arts, Gateshead Quays, South Shore Road, Gateshead, NE8 3BA.
Cost: Tickets are priced at £40 each. Click here to buy tickets.
Further info: For more info about Breakthrough: A Guide to International Film Sales & Distribution, including the day's itinerary, please click here.
Breakthrough: A Guide to International Film Sales & Distribution is supported by Kodak and Creative England.