The Artist's Cut Call For Short Film Ideas
Return to the press release archive
Northern Film & Media in partnership with Berwick Film & Media Arts Festival, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art and Channel 4's Random Acts are looking for three UK based artists with a background in film or photography to take part in a unique film commission and development programme designed to nurture bold new voices in narrative film.
We are looking for three exceptional artists interested in broadening their practice by developing and producing a short narrative film for Channel 4’s Random Acts platform. Inspired by the recent success of films by directors such as Steve McQueen and Clio Barnard, The Artist’s Cut will support the selected artists to produce a short narrative film up to 3 minutes in length with a budget of £5,000 each. The initiative will also involve ongoing bespoke support from film and TV industry mentors covering story development, scriptwriting, directing and producing.
Please read the The Artist's Cut Guidelines available to download from The Artist's Cut website.
- Be currently working with moving image and/or photography and be based in the UK.
- Produce a film to the required technical standards of broadcast television – Northern Film & Media will support this process.
- Be willling to collaborate a professional film crew including an editor, cinematographer and producer – Northern Film & Media will help connect you with crew.
- Have had at least two pieces of commissioned creative work in the last 5 years.
- Be over 18 and not in full-time or undergraduate education.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘The Artist’s Cut Application’ in the subject header:
- A covering email outlining why you are interested in this opportunity and how it fits into your career ambitions and practice
- CV and biography. Please ensure your CV includes links to your work online (max 2 pages)
- A summary of your short narrative film idea, as well as this brief synopsis please also include as much info as you can on genre, tone and visual style. We want original ideas and approaches that stand out from the crowd. (max 1 page)
Receipt of your application will be confirmed within 48 hours. If you have not received acknowledgment of your application please contact email@example.com
Deadline: 12 noon, 11 January 2016
If you have any queries about The Artist’s Cut please contact Roxy McKenna via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0191 440 4563
The Artist’s Cut is supported by the National Lottery through Arts Council England, Channel 4 through Random Acts, Northern Film & Media, Active Northumberland and by the ERDF CompetitivenessProgramme2007-13.